Suggested 5-day itinerary for your visit to Treedom
There is so much to do at Treedom. We have put together a 5-day itinerary packed full of action and excitement, with the right amount of relaxation.
ARRIVE AT TREEDOM
Most people arrive between 2-5pm. Settle in and then we suggest:
- Buggy trip around the Dune 2.5km R150 (2 seater)
- Walk to Brown Hooded Kingfisher Trail from Treedom (or take the buggy to the trail)
- Sauna experience
SEE OUR SAUNA EXPERIENCE
- Breakfast in Treehouse Villa (fresh eggs from Treedom’s hens)
- Ask Debs and Marc for the beach tent and inflatables
- Buggy up to the parking with beach gear
- Go to Lagoon grass beach for a morning of chilling, swimming and floating
- Lunch at Ilali Restaurant – tapas menu
- Walk on the beach at Wilderness or Kaaimans
- Come back to relax in the floating day bed and light a fire in the fire pit
- Order picnic for day 3 - www.wildernesspicnic.co.za
- Dinner around the fire with stargazing on the day bed
SWIMMING IN THE WILDERNESS LAGOON
TOUW RIVER BOAT TRIP WITH A HIKE TO THE WATERFALLS (ELECTRIC ENGINE: R500)
- Wilderness Picnics drops off at Treedom
- Pack towel, walking shoes, swimming costume, sunblock and picnic
- Marc will meet you at Wilderness National Park at the slip way
- Sign indemnity and Marc gives safety and operational instructions for the electric engine. No experience needed.
EXPLORE THE BEAUTIFUL TOUW RIVER
KNYSNA, PLETT EXPLORATION AND ANIMAL ENCOUNTERS
- Breakfast on route at one of the farmstalls – we recommend the one at the Cheeseman between Knysna and Plett. It’s got a few very cool shops to browse in and the food is divine.
- Arrive at Birds of Eden which is a 5 acre aviary – the biggest in Southern Africa. It is mind blowing and an incredible experience.
- And then on to Monkey land where a guide takes you on a tour to meet the various species of moneys. So adorable and interesting.
- On route back to Treedom stop at a centre called The Village Centre in Wilderness. Enjoy dinner at Joplins Steak Bar or any of the restaurants in the Village, they are all divine. But Joplins is a very cozy place with a great vibe and the steaks are to die for. Very casual.
VISIT BIRDS OF EDEN AND MONKEYLAND
ZIP LINING or RIVER CRUISE
- Breakfast at Treedom
- Choose your zip lining experience: Mossel Bay; Knysna; Storms River or
- Swartvlei Lake, riverside cruise and picnic lunch: R1800
- We begin with a drive to Pine Lake Marina for a safety briefing and indemnity.
- We board the speed boat and cross Swartvlei Lake on route up the beautiful river.
- Entering the river canals bubbly is popped and we sip and admire the beauty of the riverbanks and bird life.
- We arrive at Eastbrooke River Lodge and take a short walk up to the farmhouse.
- Inflatables invite you to float and swim in the natural spring. We spend the day lazing in the sun, chilling on a lilo or relaxing under the palm tree with an ice cold drink (bring own) and your luxury picnic from www.wildernesspicnic.co.za.
- Later on the engines fire up and it’s time for a slow cruise down the river and a thrill ride across the lake homeward bound.
Back to Things to do when holidaying in Wilderness
Useful links: A Luxury Villa on the Garden Route; Treehouse villa in Wilderness; Rates for our Treehouse Villa; Things to do in Wilderness; About Treedom; Visit Treedom